Monday, June 25, 2007

Public Opinion Part 1: Most Popular

As a part of my design development process, I shared the 60+ rough sketches I have been working on the past month or so with some family and friends ... 5 people in total. I should get more opinion, but I need to move on. So this is a review of which designs people liked.

My purpose for doing this exercise is to step out of my own design bubble and listen to what other people have to say. Since I can get kinda sensitive when people criticize my designs, even if they something like, "Oh I love the skirt, but I don't really like the collar/sleeve/whatever", I asked them to just make a mark next to the designs they like or have a good first impression without saying a single word to me.

I welcome any votes you may want to cast. Just leave in the comments area something like, "I vote for design 2 and 10."

In this post, there are the two designs that all five people liked. Over the next few days I'll add the rest of the designs for a total of 13 designs.

Design 1
I was quit surprised at the popularity of this design because it is so simple. The idea is to have some really knock out trim that looks like a necklace holding the dress up.

Design 2
This design is cute. It seems like people really like the ruching and the gathers. You'll see more of that design detail in the next post where I'll showcase the designs with 4 votes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paize, how are you?

This is my 1st vote. I love this dress. :)

Anyway, pls let me know how you are doing (via email).

Best,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Oops~ forgot to clarify which one: Design #2 is my first vote... FYI... :)