Thursday, March 8, 2007

Ralph Rucci: The Art of Weightlessness Exhibit


The weather was snowy, wet, and cold yesterday, but since I had a lunch date with a friend, I had to get out of the apartment. I am so glad I did. After lunch I went to the FIT Museum to see the Ralph Rucci exhibit.

What can I say ... I was in awe. In the front entryway there were exhibits of his own sketches and items from his own personal museum quality art collection which had inspired his designs. The items were organic, sculptural, and complex in its simplicity, very much like his designs. I can't even begin to imagine what his home must be like.


The grand room contained the entire exhibit. Every single garment on display was worthy of a close examination. I was not bored for a single moment.


Upstairs was an exhibit on Colors in Fashion. It was also interesting, but nothing like the Ralph Rucci exhibit.

The museum is free for everyone. It is a must see for everyone interested in fashion.

1 comment:

Asi Mod said...

The red pleated dress at the bottom of the page is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to see that done in a softer material that floats.