Thursday, March 1, 2007

Colorboard

Yesterday I finalized my colorstory board.

This is the colorstory board all blurred up because I look at it w/squinted eye.

At this point I usually scan in the board and pick out prominent colors in photoshop and create a colorboard. But, I discovered that my printer sucks and that the colors it prints out are junk. So, I figure I can go to the paint store and pick out the colors that way.

The only problem is that I didn't want to look dumb with my over sized colorstory boards so I went by memory and brought back a whole bunch of paint chips. I cut up the paint chips and picked out the colors. That is when I discovered that I don't have the right reds and nudes.

Story Board with Paint Chips

I was going to go back to the paint store to get more, but figured that this is for reference only and since I am already behind on my deadlines, I need to move on with my process.

I pixelated the colorstory board even more to get a better set of colors to work with. The colors are a bit more muted than I had envisioned, it's a bit "Black Dahlia" isn't it? I know I said that I didn't want to use that for my inspiration, but I just can't stop thinking about the movie when designing. So, instead of fighting it, I am going to embrace the inspiration.


Big day tomorrow ... fabric shopping!

No comments: