Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Working my Left Brain

I didn't think it would be this hard. What, with my 4 years of business school and 4 years of corporate America experience, one would think that I can whip up a business plan in a matter of weeks.

I had started one in the beginning, but gave it up to work on sketches. Which I definitely enjoy more. Now that I have a good number of sketches and a clear brand direction, I have no other excuses. I must put together a business plan, even if it is a one pager.

I have been consulting this book that I've had forever, The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies by Rhonda Abrams. It has all the basic outline and advice, but it can't write the plan for me.


In a desperate attempt at finding business plan writing inspiration, I spent yesterday at the NY Science, Industry, & Business library. Wasted time. All the books were either taken out or lost. And there is absolutely no books on business plans writing for clothing manufactures. Seeing how there are so many people starting new clothing manufacturing business, I am surprised there are not more resources out there.

So now I am left to my own devices, have to dust off the left side of my brain, and put together a business plan.

No comments: